Certified Real Estate Inspections
Taos, Angel Fire, Red River Home Inspections
New Mexico’s Enchanted Circle
www.TaosHomeInspections.com • 575-770-7797
Inspection Scope Of Work
- Full home inspections are based on ASHI standards, a copy of which is available at Certified’s office.
- Building structure, including interior and exterior walls, roofs, foundations, porches and patios, crawl spaces, basements, floors, stairs, windows and doors, kitchen appliances and cabinets, bathrooms, plumbing, electric systems, heating systems, cooling systems, solar systems, fire places, earth grade and garages.
- We make nondestructive spot checks of the building(s). To facilitate this visual inspection, when it is possible and not dangerous, crawl spaces are crawled.
- This is not a technically exhaustive inspection nor is it a compliance inspection for past or present government codes or regulations.
- Equipment that is shut down, septic systems, wells and underground or non-visible plumbing. Equipment and systems are not dismantled, personal property is not moved, paint is not scraped, walls and roofs are not drilled or x-rayed.
- The inspection is not intended to address the possible presence of radon, lead paint, mold, urea formaldehyde, toxic or flammable chemicals or other environmental hazards, nor does it address the presence or absence of rodents, termites, or other insects. Certified Inspections is not an engineering firm.
- All Excluded Inspections above are available on request through Certified Inspections and other providers under separate direction and contract.
Special Northern NM Problems:
- In addition to a normal inspection Scope-Of-Work (see below), Certified Inspections commonly identifies concerns unique to the Enchanted Circle.
- The mountains in the Taos Sky Valley, Red River, and Angel Fire tend to ooze moisture, which can cause damp or wet crawlspaces, mold, wood rot and deferential building settling.
- Adobe, foam form and pumice homes each has its own unique concerns related to settling, twisting beams, radiant heat loss, radon and ice dams.
I agree to the Certified Inspections scope of work above and I authorize Certified Inspections to perform the work necessary to complete this inspection on my behalf